Membership in the Digital Publications Indexing SIG is open to members of the following indexing societies and groups, which are parties to an International Agreement of the Indexing Societies:
- American Society for Indexing (ASI)
- Association of Freelance Editors, Proofreaders and Indexers of Ireland (AFEPI Ireland)
- Association of Southern African Indexers and Bibliographers (ASAIB)
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Indexers (ANZSI)
- China Society of Indexers (CSI)
- Deutsches Netzwerk der Indexer/German Indexing Network (DNI)
- Nederlands Indexers Netwerk/Netherlands Indexing Network (NIN)
- Indexing Society of Canada / Société canadienne d’indexation (ISC/SCI)
- Society of Indexers (SI)
Eligible members may join the special interest group via the website of the American Society for Indexing. ASI members can join or renew and pay SIG dues on the same form they use to join or renew their annual ASI membership. ASI members who wish to join a SIG at another time of the year separate from their ASI membership joining or renewal date and members of affiliated international indexing societies may join or renew a SIG via the ASI Online Store. Those that are members of affiliated indexing societies other than ASI should indicate to which society they belong.
In addition to the membership dues of the national indexing societies, there are nominal dues of $12.00/year to join the Digital Publications Indexing SIG. Payment may be made by credit card online.
Benefits of membership:
- Networking opportunities among members
- Membership in the SIG discussion group (for members only)
- Listing on the Indexers Available page of this website