- International Digital Publishing Forum’s EPUB3 Indexes Specification
- Digital Trends Task Force page of the ASI website.
- Publishing Technology Group of the Society of Indexers
- Indexing and electronic publishing overview on Society of Indexers website.
- Indexing ebooks page on the Australia New Zealand Society of Indexers website.
- InDesign and ePub Indexing, Jan Wright, Wright Information.
- “Adding Hyperlinks to an Index,” Allen Wyatt, Word Tips, April 30, 2016.
- “ASI Publications Revamp: eBooks and an Index Mashup,” David K. Ream and Pilar Wyman, Key Words, vol. 22, no. 11, November 2014, pp. 156-157.
- “Producing an Ebook Index. How Hard Can It Be?,” James Lamb, November 6, 2012.
- “Converting a Legacy Print Book to an EPUB with Pinpoint Index Linking,” David K. Ream, Key Words, vol. 20, No. 3, 2012, pp. 83-84.
- “IDPF, EPUB and Ebook Indexes,” Glenda Browne, The Indexer, vol. 30, no. 3, 2012, pp. 159–160.
- “How to Make an Ebook Index — 5 Tips,” Nancy Humphreys, authormaps blog, February 10, 2012.
- “Editorial: Digital Trends,” Jan Wright, The Indexer, vol. 30, no. 1, 2012, p. 46.
- “The Tyranny of the Page,” Mary Coe, The Indexer, vol. 30, no. 1, 2012, pp. 2–5.
- “The Devil Is in the Details: Indexes Versus Amazon’s X-Ray,” Jan Wright, The Indexer, vol. 30, no. 1, 2012, pp. 11–16.
- “Hand-helds as eReaders: Exploratory Thoughts on Hand-Held Devices and Indexes,” Pilar Wyman, The Indexer, vol. 30, no. 1, 2012, pp. 17–24.
- “The Kindle and the Indexer,” Pierke Bosschieter, The Indexer, vol. 28, no. 3, 2010, pp. 116–118.
- “Ebook Indexing,” Glenda Browne and Mary Coe, in: Enid L. Zafran (ed.) Index It Right! Advice from the Experts, volume 3, Tempe, AZ: American Society for Indexing, 2014, pp. 29–45.
- “Converting Legacy Print Book Indexes for Use in Ebooks,” David K. Ream, originally presented October 30, 2013, offered by the American Society for Indexing.
Conference presentation handouts and proceedings:
- “How to be the Interface between Publishers and Digital Indexing techniques,” Terry Casey, Jan Wright, and Pilar Wyman, ASI Conference, Cleveland, OH, April 28, 2018:
- “How We Read Digitally: ebookcraft 2018 research study,” Noah Genner & Monique Mongeon, BookNet Canada. [Slides 27 and 28 are of special interest to indexers.]
- “Enter-the-Matrix: Ebook Indexing,” Glenda Browne, Michele Combs, David K. Ream, Jan Wright, and Pilar Wyman, ASI Conference, Chicago, IL, June 17, 2016.
- “Matrix Revolutions: Ebook Indexing,” Pilar Wyman, eBookcraft, March 2016, Toronto, ON, Canada.
- “The Matrix Reloaded: EPUB Ebook Indexing,” Glenda Browne, ANZSI Conference, Canberra, ACT, Australia, May 6–9, 2015.
- 2013 ANZSI Conference: “Intrepid Indexing: Indexing without Boundaries” Proceedings, Wellington, New Zealand, 13–15 March 2013. Proceedings include the following papers:
- “EPUB3 Indexes and the Future of Indexing,” Glenda Browne.
- “Converting a Legacy Print Book to an EPUB with Pinpoint Index Linking,” David K. Ream.
- “Indexing Techniques and EPUB – Indexing Techniques for Ebooks,” Glenda Browne and Jan Wright.
Twitter hashtag for ebook production: